Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thicker Than Blood

We've been homies since the day we met
You opened doors in my head that led to success
You showed me the true meaning of being a friend
Ever someone did you wrong it was forgive and forget
You turned the other cheek when others have shown disrespect
Back then I was hot headed so I tried to attack
You're my brother, my friend
Dog I got ya back
You told me that's karma's job just chill and relax
We smoked a number, drank boose, and had laughs
Watched the bullshit blow over and pretty soon it had passed
Graduated high school now life's moving fast
My dumbass went and got married right off the bat
It was then I realized our friendship was true
Cause all the other homies hated my chick and they flew the coup
A year down the road the only friend I had was you
You never judged my decision
Just let me keep livin
All the while grinnin
cause deep down you knew
That even though I was in love
it wasn't love that was true
Then she and I broke up
I fell to pieces, you scooped
all that was left back together
pat my back, said it's cool, I always knew that wasn't the right girl for you
I said why didn't you stop me
You said that's not what bros do
You respect me for me so i'ma let you do you

The greatest person that i've ever met
we have our differences but they are never a threat
Cause our bond is thicker than blood
Brother, for you, all I have is respect and love.
I just wanted to thank you for being you
Please don't stop
Whatever you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment