Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Can't Stop. Won't Stop.

im standing here in the shadow of city lights
thoughts hanging like corpses from gallows
and im wonderin why
why im standin here
why theres holes in the atmosphere
why cops run this town and nothing
significant ever happens here
unless we make it happen
please peep what im tryin to speak
because we're here to verb
actions speak louder than words
still im rhymin in verse
kickin out the jams like MC5
till the vinyl bursts
my mind is parched
i'll never stop my quest
until i quench my thirst
i'll run through the gauntlet
when it's my turn
duck all the punches
and bend through the curves
i gotta stick with it
i cant submit when it hurts
even when the solid grip of life
keeps twisting my nerves
i know if i persevere
i'll see the tables reversed
once this fable is over
i'll learn my lesson for sure
and i'll never perish for my spirit's preserved
in the lighthearted bliss of overstanding
the hardships that i've endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment